Wednesday, June 1, 2011

"The key to change is to let go of fear." - Rosanne Cash

I am finally unpacked and settled into my beautiful new apartment in West Palm Beach, but it was an adventure getting to this point! Now that the packing, moving, unpacking, and other trivial aspects of this journey are behind me, I am beginning to realize how much my life has changed over the past few years. It seems like it was just yesterday that I was researching college majors as a sophomore in high school and stumbled upon music therapy and here I am awaiting the beginning of my six-month internship. I never thought I would get here. My feelings are all over the map right now... I am ready to jump into my first taste of life as a music therapist, but scared out of my mind about how it will be.
So as I sit here in my first apartment that is completely my own, miles and miles away from all family and friends, without the comfort of a college campus or roommates, I have never been more excited/nervous/terrified/confident/hopeful/afraid in my entire life.

2 comments:

  1. You will love the staff at Hospice of Palm Beach County. The music therapist & others I have met there are wonderfully gifted, loving people. Take in what they have to offer. And, take in the beauty of the area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I definitely will!

    ReplyDelete